Monday, May 10, 2010

Perfecting the Art

A great deal of time is expended while perfecting ones art. While it may never be perfected, we continue to strive for that goal. A person’s chosen art is a living thing, constantly evolving. If our art does not grow it becomes stagnant, much like standing water. Eventually, much like stagnant water, it ends up stinking. If our art flows like a river, it will stay clean and constantly refreshed.

I’ve spent much time allowing my art to evolve. Many hours have been dedicated to redrawing pages for the upcoming 919 Maple St. comic. My style is different from when I first started not too long ago and it bothered me a bit to put out to old artwork. With that in mind, I still have to get the book out ASAP so I can get issue 2 through 4 done. There are also a few new stories I have been working on as well that I’m really excited about. I’ll write more about that soon.

So, now it’s back to drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment