Sunday, May 16, 2010

Art and Evolution

An interesting thought had crossed my mind last night as I looked at the artwork for this year’s Comics for Cures auction. As I found my art among the other artwork I noticed how much has changed in my art style from just a month ago to this current moment.

Most of us look at past works and tend to be a bit critical. Whether its art, sports or any activity that is dear to us, there is a tendency to pick apart things and see what we can do better. This is exactly what I was doing last night as I saw my artwork that was created less than a month ago. I must admit that it was a pleasing experience which gave me new ideas for next year’s Comics for Cures auction.

Recently it has been important to me to bring my art to the so called, next level. That meant taking my foundation and really refining it and I mean really refining it. So viewing what was done less than a month ago and actually seeing improvement has been a satisfying experience. It’s nice to know that I’m improving and have actual proof to back it up.

So, not only for myself but for others looking to improve themselves, keep going. We always have the potential to improve.


To check out the auction please click on the link below. The auction benefits the American Cancer Society.
Click Here to go to the auction.

No comments:

Post a Comment